Recipe and image courtesy of Seafood Nutrition Partnership.
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Heat half of oil in pan and add onions and garlic. Saute until aroma is released.
4. Meanwhile, crush potato and mix with salmon and half the lemon juice. Mix in cooked garlic and onions. Add egg and mustard. Mix again.
5. Add bread crumbs, a little at a time and fold until combined. You may not need all the crumbs.
6. Heat pan again and add remaining oil.
7. While pan is heating, use an ice cream scoop or soup spoon and scoop salmon mixture. Place into pan and flatten the cakes. Fry cakes on both sides for 4 minutes each. Wash hands after handling raw mixture.
8. Combine yogurt, dill, cucumbers, remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
9. Serve salmon cakes with lemon sauce.