To watch Chef Andrew prepare this dish, go to: https://youtu.be/PYjX9meXupQ
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Prepare Caesar dressing. Crack egg into a small microwavable bowl and add 2 tablespoons water. Wash hands after handling raw egg.
4. Microwave for 30 seconds until egg white has firmed and yolk is runny but thickened. Pour off excess water with a slotted spoon then add egg to blender.
5. Add anchovy fillets, garlic, Worcestershire, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice, Dijon mustard, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Blend until smooth.
6. While blending, add oil in a slow, steady stream until combined and smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
7. Next, pan-sear salmon. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to coat pan.
8. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and add to hot pan. Salmon should sizzle when placed in pan. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw fish. Pan-fry 4 minutes to a deep brown, crispy exterior.
9. Flip salmon, lower heat to medium and cook until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit on a food thermometer and flakes easily, about 1 more minute.
10. Prepare salad by adding romaine, kale, bacon, avocado and hard-boiled eggs to a large bowl. Add desired amount of dressing and toss well to coat.
11. Divide salad mixture between two bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with crispy salmon. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Dietitian note: Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness. To reduce risk you may opt for to replace the egg in the Caesar dressing with 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!