Quesadillas are a delicious good-for-you dinner idea that will get you in and out of the kitchen fast! It’s also a great way to get your kids to try and enjoy seafood. Double duty!
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to broil. Place fillets on a broiler pan that has been coated with cooking spray; sprinkle both sides of fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until fillets are cooked through and flake easily with a fork.
3. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, flake fillets into pieces.
4. In a medium bowl, combine salmon, salsa, lime juice and ½ cup shredded cheese.
5. Divide salmon mixture among the tortillas, covering half the tortilla.
6. Top evenly with green chilies and remaining shredded cheese; fold tortillas over filling.
7. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
8. Add 2 quesadillas and cook for 2 minutes per side or until tortillas are golden and cheese is melted.
9. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
10. Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsCalories: 380 (Calories from Fat: 150)
Total Fat: 16g (Saturated Fat: 7g)
Total Carbohydrates: 26g (Dietary Fiber: 2g