Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Marinate 2 Hours, Cook 1 Hour 40 Minutes
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Place lamb in a roasting pan. Poke several slits into each side of lamb with tip of a paring knife; set aside. Wash hands after handling raw lamb.
4. In a medium bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, salt and pepper; whisk until smooth. Rub marinade all over lamb, massaging it into the meat and slits. Wash hands after handling raw lamb.
5. Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
6. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine marmalade, vinegar, water and remaining red pepper flakes; bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and strain through a mesh strainer, discarding the orange peel. Allow sauce to cool completely.
7. Once cool, place sauce and mint leaves in a food processor and process until finely chopped; set aside.
8. Remove lamb from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
10. Remove lamb from roasting pan and wipe pan clean; set rack inside and replace lamb. Roast in the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer.
11. Remove from the oven, tent with foil and transfer to a cutting board. Let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
12. Serve lamb with mint sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 50g
Saturated Fat: 20g
Total Carbohydrates: 1g
Dietary Fiber: 0g