DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Place beets in a large bowl. Drizzle oil over top, and toss to coat all sides; season to taste with salt and pepper. Wrap up foil, place on baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes or until beets are fork tender; remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, roughly chop.
3. Place beets, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, cumin, paprika, chili powder and red pepper flakes in a food processor and pulse for 2-3 minutes or until smooth, scraping sides with spatula as needed.
4. Add tahini through top opening and pulse for 1-2 minutes. Pour in vegetable broth while continuously pulsing, adding more broth until desired thickness is reached.
5. Serve with a variety of cut-up vegetables.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 96 (Calories from Fat: 36)
Total Fat: 4g (Saturated Fat: 0.5g)
Total Carbohydrates: 13g (Dietary Fiber: 4g
Total Sugars: 6g)