Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 30 minutes
Dig In Magazine April/May 2018
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Break off tough ends of the asparagus; place in a large bowl. Drizzle oil over top and season to taste with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Spread asparagus out in a single layer on a large baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes or until just softened; let cool then cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
5. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add buttery spread. Once melted, add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until onion begins to caramelize. Add asparagus and broth, cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes; add almond milk and mix well.
6. Purée soup in a blender or using an immersion blender until smooth. Add lemon juice, and additional salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 174 (Calories from Fat: 99)
Total Fat: 11g (Saturated Fat: 2g)
Total Carbohydrates: 12g (Dietary Fiber: 5g