Try this easy to make, delicious recipe with rigatoni, shrimp and a spicy tomato pesto cream sauce. This recipe hits all the taste buds.
Recipe provided by Filippo Berio and DeCecco .
Watch this recipe being prepared
Italian Recipe 2022
1. Wash hands with soap and running water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Prepare rigatoni as label directs; drain. Return to saucepot and cover to keep warm.
4. In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook until flesh is pearly and opaque, about 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to paper towel-lined plate. Wash hands after handling raw shrimp.
5. In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring occasionally.
6. Add wine; cook 1 minute, scraping browned bits from bottom of skillet with wooden spoon. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cream and pesto; cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
7. Fold in arugula, rigatoni and shrimp; cook 2 minutes or until arugula is wilted and shrimp is heated through, stirring occasionally. Makes about 6 cups.
8. Serve pasta sprinkled with cheese, basil and crushed red pepper.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat (g) 38.00
Saturated Fat (g) 17.00
Cholesterol (mg) 75.00
Sodium (mg) 359.00
Carbohydrates (g) 49.00
Fiber (g) 3.00
Protein (g) 13.00