DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place peppers, shallots and garlic on a foil-lined baking sheet; generously drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-18 minutes, turning once; allow to cool. Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together, butter and minced garlic.
4. Poke several holes in roast with a sharp knife. Rub butter mixture all over top and sides of roast and season to taste with salt and pepper; place in a roasting pan, fat side up.
5. Roast for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and continue to cook for 1- 1½ hours or cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees Fahrenheit for medium. Remove from oven, tent with foil and let sit for 5 minutes before carving.
6. Transfer roasted red pepper, shallots and garlic to a food processor or blender. Add vinegar and horseradish and pulse until blended. Transfer to a small saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Add brown sugar, tomato paste and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with roast.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 498 (Calories from Fat: 216)
Total Fat: 24g (Saturated Fat: 10g)
Total Carbohydrates: 6g (Dietary Fiber: 1g