Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 20 minutes
Dig In Magazine April/May 2018
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
4. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 1/2 cups raspberries, orange juice and sugar; cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and smashing the berries down with a spoon to muddle the fruit.
5. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water and mix until cornstarch dissolves. Add to raspberry mixture and cook for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Transfer to a bowl and stir in lemon juice and zest; let cool.
6. Cut remaining raspberries in half and set aside.
7. Unfold both sheets of puff pastry on a sheet of parchment paper. Cut each sheet into 9 squares for a total of 18. Place 9 squares on the prepared baking sheets. Take the remaining 9 squares and cut out a small square from the center of each, creating a 3/4" frame; set pastry scraps aside.
8. Top each full pastry square with a tablespoon of raspberry filling. Moisten edges of the pastry with a little water and top with a pastry frame - gently pressing along the edges to seal.
9. Cut scrap squares into small pieces. Top each prepared pastry with a few cut raspberries and some of the pastry pieces.
10. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on wire racks. Serve lukewarm, dusted with powdered sugar if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 248 (Calories from Fat: 126)
Total Fat: 14g (Saturated Fat: 7g)
Total Carbohydrates: 30g (Dietary Fiber: 3g