Recipe provided by Rao's Homemade. For more brand inspiration, please visit Raos.com
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse parsley under cold running water and pat dry.
3. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, veal and pork. Add eggs, cheese, parsley, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Using your hands, blend ingredients together.
4. Add bread crumbs into meat mixture and combine. Slowly add water until the mixture is quite moist.
5. Shape the meat mixture into 2 ½- to 3-inch balls. Wash hands with soap and water after handling meat mixture.
6. In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the smashed garlic clove until lightly brown to flavor the oil then remove with a slotted spoon and discard.
7. Working in batches, add meatballs to pan. When the bottom halves of the meatballs are very brown and slightly crisp, turn and cook the other half.
8. Remove meatballs from pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
9. In a large saucepan, heat Marinara Sauce until simmering. Carefully add meatballs to sauce and cook for 15 minutes.
10. Serve cooked meatballs and sauce over pasta, in a sub or on their own.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!