Raisin, Almond & Oat Energy Bars
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine oats, cereal, almonds, pepitas, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds. Spread out in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until oats just begin to turn golden brown; transfer to a large bowl and add raisins.
3. Place dates in a food processor and process until chopped. Add almond butter and honey and process until well combined. Add to oat mixture and, using your hands, mix well.
4. Line an 8x8-inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang.
5. Press oat mixture firmly onto bottom of pan. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
6. Remove from pan using the overhang and cut into bars with a sharp knife. Store in an airtight container.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 219 (Calories from Fat: 81)
Total Fat: 9g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 31g (Dietary Fiber: 4g