Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 51 Minutes
April/May 2020 Dig In Recipe
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a large stockpot of salted water, add potatoes. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Cook for 25 minutes or until a fork can easily pierce a potato. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle but still warm.
2. Using a peeler, remove skin from potatoes; place in a large bowl. Mash potatoes until all lumps are gone. Add rosemary and season to taste with salt and pepper; mix well.
3. Make a well in center of potatoes and add eggs. Using your hands, gently mix it into the potatoes until evenly distributed.
4. Place 2 cups flour onto a clean surface and place potato dough on top. Working quickly and carefully, knead dough, only incorporating as much flour as you need until dough loses stickiness and becomes more solid. Use remaining 1 cup flour if needed. Slice dough into 4 parts. Roll out 1 part into a long rope, about 1-inch wide; cut it in half. Slice each half into ½-inch squares and lightly press each sides of square with a fork; set aside on a lightly floured surface. Repeat with remaining dough.
5. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi in batches, stirring gently to prevent gnocchi from sticking together. Boil for 1 minute or until they float to the surface; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
6. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil. When hot, add mushrooms and cook for 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until mushrooms are softened. Add gnocchi and keep warm.
7. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add chicken broth. Let cook for 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Add Creole seasoning and tomato paste and stir. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and let cook for 10 minutes or until cream mixture is reduced by a third. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
8. Serve gnocchi and mushrooms with cream sauce and garnished with scallions.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 780 (Calories from Fat: 342)
Total Fat: 38g (Saturated Fat: 20g)
Total Carbohydrates: 95g (Dietary Fiber: 6g