Featured in our Pumpkin Event 2021
DirectionsBig Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In medium, heatproof bowl, stir coffee and 1/2 cup boiling water; let stand 10 minutes. Strain coffee mixture through fine-mesh strainer; discard coffee grounds. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until cold. Makes about 1/3 cup.
4. In wide, shallow dish, whisk eggs, half and half, sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and coffee mixture. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw eggs.
5. Heat griddle or large skillet over medium heat; add 2 tablespoons butter and melt.
6. In 2 batches, dip 4 bread slices in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides. Add to skillet, and cook 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
7. Place French toast on line rimmed baking pan with wire rack; transfer to oven to keep warm.
8. Serve French toast topped with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and syrup.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 114 mg
Sodium 369 mg
Carbohydrates 51 g
Fiber 2 g
Protein 8 g