Recipe provided by Premio Foods, Inc. For more inspiration, please visit: www.PremioFoods.com
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash hands with soap and water.
3. Warm skillet over medium-high heat and add sausage. Cook and brown sausage until it has reached a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit using a meat thermometer. Drain and set aside.
4. Thoroughly rinse mushrooms and remove stems. Set caps on paper towel to drain; set stems aside.
5. Combine all cheeses, 2 tablespoons red wine and cooked sausage in a large bowl; mix well. Fill mushroom caps with sausage-cheese mixture so that they have a slightly rounded top.
6. Add breadcrumbs to a small bowl. Dip cheesy side of stuffed mushrooms into breadcrumbs.
7. Using a 9x9-inch buttered baking pan, add stuffed mushrooms, cheesy side up. Once mushrooms are in the pan, add wine so that it covers roughly the bottom half of the mushroom. (Note: you may need to use more or less wine, depending on your mushrooms.)
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese has melted.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!