Pickled Cranberries & Goat Cheese Crostini
Create breathtaking arrangements and beautiful personal touches with help from the Guide to Entertaining with Fresh Cranberries. Share pictures of your cranberry recipes and decorations for a chance to win at CranberryFriendsgiving.com.
Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #74 (November 16th to January 10th, 2018).
Recipe and image provided by the Cranberry Marketing Committee and Carlene Thomas, RDN. For more holiday recipe and decorating inspiration, visit uscranberries.com and CranberryFriendsgiving.com. Watch the recipe video here.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Add vinegar and water to a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat.
2. Stir in salt and stevia sweetener until dissolved and bring liquid to a boil. Once boiling, turn off heat and remove pan from heat.
3. Add spices and fresh cranberries to a quart-size jar. Pour vinegar mixture over cranberries.
4. Close lid and shake.
5. Cool and refrigerate overnight. Invert the jar periodically to evenly cover cranberries with liquid.
NOTE: Pickled cranberries can be stored in fridge 3 to 5 days.
1. Slice baguette into approximately 1-inch-thick rounds.
2. Toast slices in oven preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 8 minutes, if desired.
3. Spread goat cheese on one side pf each slice and top with strained spoonful of pickled cranberries.
4. Top with fresh thyme and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 135 mg
Carbohydrates 8 g
Fiber 1 g
Protein 3 g