Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 45 Minutes
Watch this recipe being prepared
November/December 2022 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with pie crust, folding overhanging dough under to make a plump edge; pinch crust into V-shapes all around edges.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin. Stir in eggs, 11/2 cups evaporated milk and maple syrup. Wash hands after handling raw flour and eggs.
- Pour mixture into pie crust, cover edges of crust with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for 15 minutes or until filling is set.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining evaporated milk, coconut and pecans; spread on top of pie.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and continue to bake for 5 minutes or until topping is lightly golden.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org.
Calories: 380, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 380 mg, Carbohydrates 51 g, Fiber 5 g, Sugars 32 g, Protein 9 g