Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 45 Minutes
Watch this recipe being prepared
November/December 2022 Dig In Recipe
Sweet-spiced pumpkin filling in a buttery crust.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Line a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with pie crust, folding overhanging dough under to make a plump edge; pinch crust into V-shapes all around edges.
4. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin. Stir in eggs, 11/2 cups evaporated milk and maple syrup. Wash hands after handling raw flour and eggs.
5. Pour mixture into pie crust, cover edges of crust with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for 15 minutes or until filling is set.
6. In a small bowl, combine remaining evaporated milk, coconut and pecans; spread on top of pie.
7. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and continue to bake for 5 minutes or until topping is lightly golden.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org.
Calories: 380, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 380 mg, Carbohydrates 51 g, Fiber 5 g, Sugars 32 g, Protein 9 g