DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together maple syrup, brown sugar, milk, salt and cornstarch; cook until mixture boils and is bubbling, whisking constantly. Once fully boiling and significantly thickened, turn off heat and fold in the pecan pieces and vanilla; cool completely and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
3. Mix beaten egg and water together for an egg wash.
4. Unfold pie crusts onto a piece of parchment paper. Cut out 12 2½-inch rounds from each and place on prepared baking sheets; lightly brush edges with egg wash. Lightly press one cookie stick about halfway up 12 rounds, being careful not to poke through crust.
5. Place one tablespoon of pecan mixture in the center of each round; place remaining 12 rounds on top of filling and crimp to seal the edges.
6. With a knife, make slits on top of each pie to allow the steam to escape; brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
7. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before eating.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 261 (Calories from Fat: 135)
Total Fat: 15g (Saturated Fat: 4g)
Total Carbohydrates: 30g (Dietary Fiber: 1g