Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 20 Minutes
Get inspired and watch us create these delicious pops!
November/December 2022 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together maple syrup, brown sugar, milk, salt and corn starch. Cook until mixture begins bubbling and continue whisking constantly.
- Once fully boiling and significantly thickened, turn off heat and fold in pecan pieces and vanilla with a rubber spatula. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, create an egg wash by whisking together egg and water. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
- Unfold pie crusts onto parchment paper. Cut out 12, 2 1/2-inch rounds from each and place on prepared baking sheets. Cut out small decorative pieces, like hearts and flowers with remaining scraps of pie crust. Lightly brush edges of rounds with egg wash.
- Lightly press one lollipop stick about halfway up each of the 12 rounds, being careful not to poke through crust.
- Place one tablespoon pecan mixture in center of each round. Place remaining rounds on top of filling and crimp edges to seal.
- Press decorative piece of pie crust in center of each top. Brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before eating.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Educatoin. To learn more, visit fightbac.org.
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 162 mg
Carbohydrates 30 g
Fiber 1 g
Sugars. 8 g
Protein 2 g