Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 2 to 2 1/2 Hours
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Remove roast from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 35 minutes.
2. Position oven rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Place roasting rack inside roasting pan and coat with cooking spray.
4. Using a food processor, coarsely chop pecans and garlic. Transfer to a small bowl and add breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, thyme, rosemary and butter, mix until well moistened.
5. In a very large skillet over medium high heat, add oil. Once hot, add roast and cook for 1 minute per side, rotating occasionally, until browned on all sides, transfer roast to roasting rack and place fat side up. Carefully brush mustard all over top, sides and ends of roast, season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Top mustard with pecan mixture, patting gently to adhere. Place in the oven and roast for 2 to 2½ hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 125 degrees Fahrenheit for rare or 135 degrees Fahrenheit for medium-rare.
7. Transfer roast to a carving board with a moat, cover with foil and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 686 (Calories from Fat: 432)
Total Fat: 48g (Saturated Fat: 18g)
Total Carbohydrates: 3g (Dietary Fiber: 1g