Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #85 (September 19th to October 2nd, 2019).
Recipe image and nutrition analysis from American Pecan Council. Check out more Autumn-inspired recipes at their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a large bowl, mix together oats, cinnamon, ginger, pecans, salt, oil, brown sugar and egg white. Wash hands after handling raw egg.
4. Pour mixture in a single layer onto large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring gently halfway through cooking without breaking up clusters.
5. After 30 minutes, gently stir in dried apple pieces and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Let cool completely before serving.
7. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 40 mg
Carbohydrates 15 g
Fiber 2 g
Protein 2 g