Pecan and Walnut Holiday Nut Mix
Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #86 (November 14th, to January 8th, 2020).
Recipe and image from Diamond of California. Check out more wondrous walnut recipes at their website!
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Line a large, heavy baking sheet with a silicone liner or aluminum foil.
4. Combine nuts and seeds in a medium bowl.
5. Stir brown sugar, oil, water, chili powder and salt to blend in separate small bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons brown sugar mixture over nut mixture and toss to coat.
6. Spread nut mixture out into a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake mixture until it begins to turn golden brown, about 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, toss cereal and cranberries with remaining brown sugar mixture in same bowl.
8. Add cereal mixture to the nut mixture on pan and spread into single layer. Roast in oven until golden brown and glazed, about 12 minutes longer.
9. Cool completely. Toss to combine, then transfer to jars and seal tightly. Note: Can be made up to 2 weeks ahead!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Cup:
Total Fat 31 g
Saturated Fat 3.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 390 mg
Carbohydrates 24 g
Fiber 4 g
Protein 9 g