DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add barley and vegetable broth. If needed, add enough water to just cover the barley, and bring to a slight boil. Let boil for 2 minutes.
2. Cover, remove from heat and let sit for 1 hour.
3. In a large bowl, combine black eyed peas, corn, avocado, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, tomatoes, scallions and cilantro, season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Add barley and toss to combine.
5. In a small bowl, combine lime juice and oil, whisk to combine.
6. Add to barley mixture and toss to coat well.
7. Evenly divide barley salad between endive leaves and serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsCalories: 120 (Calories from Fat: 36)
Total Fat: 4g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 21g (Dietary Fiber: 6g