Peach Zucchini Crumb Muffins
Dietitians' Pick! The Sweet Marriage of Two Seasonal Favorites- Peaches & Zucchini.
These delicious, on-the-go breakfast champions are great for busy mornings. Our friends from Stemilt Growers have baked up a delicious, on-the-go breakfast recipes your whole family will love.
Check out more delicious, family-favorite peach recipes at their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Make the crumb topping by tossing together 6 tablespoons melted butter, 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon water, 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl with a fork until crumbly.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin pan with liners.
5. Whisk 3 cups flour, 1 cup sugar and baking powder to combine in a large bowl.
6. Whisk yogurt, 8 tablespoons melted butter, 3 tablespoons water, milk, eggs and vanilla together in a separate, smaller bowl. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
7. Pour yogurt mixture into flour mixture and fold gently until almost combined. Batter will be thick.
8. Fold peaches and zucchini into batter until all the ingredients are just combined and batter is still a little lumpy, being careful not to overmix.
9. Transfer batter to prepared pan and sprinkle tops with crumb topping.
10. Bake for 5 minutes and then turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, without opening oven door.
11. Bake for an additional 12 to 16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the thickest part of a muffin comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!