PB&J Power Muffins
Recipe featured on 8/11/16 Western Mass News filming with Carrie Taylor, RDN, LDN and Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN.
Recipe derived from Milk Life. For more milk-based recipes, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a standard 12-muffin tin with cooking spray.
3. In a medium saucepan, stir together quinoa and 1 cup milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat then cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook 10 to 15 minutes until quinoa is tender and milk is absorbed.
4. In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
5. In a medium bowl combine remaining milk, Greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla and peanut butter and mix well. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
6. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in cooked quinoa.
7. Divide batter among muffin cups. Drop heaping 1/2 teaspoons of preserves into the center of each muffin tin on top of the batter. Wash hands after handling raw batter.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes and serve with a glass of milk.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org!