Charc Week Recipe 2021
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce items under cold running water before prepping.
3. In a deep skillet, heat an inch of oil until smoking.
4. Cut eggplant into ¼ inch circles. Lightly flour and fry in oil until golden brown.
5. Remove eggplant from oil, drain and set aside.
6. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta and drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
7. While waiting, heat oil and garlic in large skillet and cook until golden brown.
8. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Stir in balsamic vinegar, capers and cinnamon to combine.
10. Add reserved pasta water and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
11. Cut slices of coppa into bite-sized pieces. Wash hands with soap and water after handling.
12. Pour sauce over pasta. Top with eggplant, coppa and parsley. Serve and enjoy!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsBig Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more