Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 to 32 Minutes
Craving some delicious, crispy fish and chips? Bring carry-out to your kitchen with our easy and healthy fish and chips recipe. Simple ingredients and easy preparation will have this meal on the table in just under an hour.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut each potato into 8 wedges; place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Lightly coat wedges with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes; set aside.
2. In a shallow container, mix together flour, garlic and onion powder.
3. Place cornflake crumbs in another shallow container.
4. In a third shallow container, whisk together egg substitute and milk.
5. Season both sides of each fillet with salt and pepper. Dredge fillets, one at a time, in flour mixture and shake off excess. Once floured, dip in milk mixture then coat with cornflake crumbs on all sides.
6. Push potato wedges to the edges of the baking sheet and place coated fillets in the center. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and potatoes are crisp and golden.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsCalories: 280 (Calories from Fat: 10)
Total Fat: 1.5g (Saturated Fat: 0g)
Total Carbohydrates: 40g (Dietary Fiber: 3g