Oven-Baked Coconut Shrimp
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a wire rack coated with cooking spray in a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
3. In a shallow dish, whisk egg whites just until foamy. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
4. In another shallow dish, combine corn starch, cinnamon, anise, cloves, fennel seed, salt and pepper.
5. In a third shallow dish, combine coconut, breadcrumbs and paprika.
6. Dredge shrimp, one at a time, in corn starch mixture. Dip in egg whites then dredge in coconut mixture, pressing gently with fingers; place on the prepared wire rack. Continue until all the shrimp have been coated. Wash hands after handling raw eggs and shrimp.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or just until shrimp's flesh is pearly and opaque, turning once after 8 minutes.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 276, Total Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 170mg, Sodium: 273mg, Total Carbohydrates: 21g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 7g, Protein: 27g