Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
November/December 2022 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a wire rack coated with cooking spray in a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
- In a shallow dish, whisk egg whites just until foamy. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
- In another shallow dish, combine corn starch, cinnamon, anise, cloves, fennel seed, salt and pepper.
- In a third shallow dish, combine coconut, breadcrumbs and paprika.
- Dredge shrimp, one at a time, in corn starch mixture. Dip in egg whites then dredge in coconut mixture, pressing gently with fingers; place on the prepared wire rack. Continue until all the shrimp have been coated. Wash hands after handling raw eggs and shrimp.
- Bake for 10 minutes or just until shrimp's flesh is pearly and opaque, turning once after 8 minutes.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 276, Total Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 170mg, Sodium: 273mg, Total Carbohydrates: 21g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 7g, Protein: 27g