1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Place beef slices in a shallow dish; set aside. Wash hands after handling raw beef.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, orange juice, soy sauce, olive oil, honey, ginger, garlic, orange zest, hot sauce, pepper, cinnamon, fennel and cloves.
5. Pour half the mixture over beef slices; cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. In a small bowl, combine corn starch and water; mix until corn starch dissolves. Add to remaining lime juice mixture; mix well and set aside.
7. Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat, add sesame oil. Once hot, add beef in an even layer and cook for 2 minutes; discard used marinade. Wash hands after handling raw beef.
8. Add onion and bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes more. Add juice mixture and cook for 3 minutes more or until internal temperature of beef reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer. Serve over rice if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving (without rice)
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrates: 10g
Dietary Fiber: 1g