Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Chill 30 Minutes
August/September 2018 Dig In the Big Y Magazine
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a food processor, add oats and process until finely chopped; place in a large bowl. Add sunflower seed butter, honey, extract, cinnamon and salt and mix well; fold in dried fruit and chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. In a shallow dish, add cereal. In another shallow dish, combine flaxseed and chia seeds.
4. Use a spoon to scoop about a tablespoon of the mixture into your hand. Roll into a ball and coat in cereal, pressing firmly to adhere; roll in flaxseed mixture. Repeat with remaining mixture.
5. Store energy bites, covered, in the fridge for up to a week.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 113 (Calories from Fat: 45)
Total Fat: 5g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 17g (Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Sugars: 10g)