Get inspired and watch Chef Andrew from North Coast Seafoods prepare this delicious recipe.
Try this Rice Pilaf with your Moqueca Brazilian Cod Stew
Seafood Supper Club Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Heat a large Dutch oven, or similar oven-safe pot, over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
5. Add onions and cook until slightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add garlic and jalapeños and cook until wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Add in bell peppers and cook for another 2 minutes.
8. Add cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper. Stir well and cook vegetables for 1 more minute.
9. Stir in clam broth, sofrito, diced tomatoes and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
10. Reduce heat to a simmer and add sweet potatoes. Cook until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. *Optional: Remove half of stew mixture and freeze as leftover for a future dinner.
11. Add zucchini and bring to a simmer.
12. Arrange cod pieces in a circle nestled into the stew. Wash hands after handling raw fish.
13. Place Dutch oven in preheated oven and cook until cod reaches internal temperature of 145 degress Fahrenheit as verified by an instant-read food thermometer, about 15 minutes.
14. Remove from oven and serve over rice pilaf.
15. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, a squeeze of fresh lime and salt and pepper to taste.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!