Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 10 Minutes
November/December 2021 Cookie Mini Magazine Recipe
Soft chocolate cookies topped with mint frosting and mint candies.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, butter, vanilla and sugar; batter will be stiff.
4. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets; pat each mound down slightly. Wash hands after handling cake mix and raw eggs.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
6. Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl; set aside.
7. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add heavy cream. Bring to just a boil, watching closely so that it does not boil over. Pour over chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth. Allow ganache to cool to the touch.
8. In a medium bowl, combine frosting, mint extract and food coloring.
9. Frost tops of cookies with frosting. Add 1/2 tablespoon ganache in center of frosting and sprinkle with chopped mint chocolate candy.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 33 mg
Sodium 230 mg
Carbohydrates 36 g
Fiber 1 g
Sugars 27 g
Protein 2 g