Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Grill 10 Minutes
April 2023 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, cumin, garlic powder, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper. Form mixture into 8 equal-sized balls then flatten to make thin patties. Wash hands after handling raw beef.
- Place about 1/4 cup feta cheese onto the center of four patties. Top with the other 4 patties and press edges together to seal the cheese into the center. Wash hands after handling raw beef.
- Coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium. Add patties and grill until internal temperature of beef reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat and let sit.
- To prepare tahini sauce, combine yogurt, tahini, lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Stir in water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Spread yogurt mixture over cut sides of rolls; top with patties and your favorite toppings.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 584, Total Fat: 38g, Saturated Fat: 15g, Cholesterol: 115mg, Sodium: 642mg, Carbohydrates: 27g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 5g, Protein: 32g