Cooking Time: Cook 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Heat sauté pan over medium heat. Add olive oil to coat bottom of pan. Add onions and garlic; sauté until tender. Add spinach and parsley; sauté until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside and let cool.
4. In separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except ground veal/lamb. Add sautéed spinach, onions, and ground veal/lamb; mix well. Thorough mixing helps hold meatloaf together. Tip: Use paddle attachment on mixer.
5. Press meatloaf mixture into loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
6. While meatloaf is baking, combine all ingredients for topping; set aside. After meatloaf has cooked for 1 hour, add topping and increase temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake until internal temperature reaches165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified by instant-read food thermometer, about 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, let rest and cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from pan. Slice, serve, and enjoy.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!