Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 40 Minutes
Featured in the Rosh Hashana Event 2021
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, egg whites and oil; slowly stir in seltzer. Add matzo meal, salt and pepper and stir until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw eggs.
5. Fill a large saucepan half full of cold water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When matzo mixture has chilled, roll into 1-inch balls and drop them into the boiling water. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 40 minutes or just until the matzo balls are cooked through to a dumpling-like consistency.
6. In a separate large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring chicken broth, carrots, celery and dill to a soft boil. Using a slotted spoon, transfer several matzo balls from the boiling water to each soup bowl and ladle the hot chicken broth mixture over top.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 1.00 g
Cholesterol 35.00 mg
Sodium 728.00 mg
Carbohydrates 15.00 g
Fiber 1.00 g
Sugar 1.00 g
Protein 8.00 g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more