Inspired by the cocktail of the same name, these delicious tarts are sure to impress.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl, combine graham crackers, 1 tablespoon sugar and butter; mix until well moistened.
3. Press mixture into a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
4. Bake for 8 minutes; let cool completely on wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium-low speed, beat together egg whites with remaining sugar until soft peaks form; set aside.
6. In another mixing bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together egg yolks, condensed milk, lime juice, 2 teaspoons lime zest, orange juice, 1 teaspoon orange zest and tequila (optional) until well combined; fold in egg white mixture.
7. Pour into tart shell and bake for 25 minutes; let cool completely on a wire rack.
8. Using a cold metal bowl and beaters, whip heavy cream and confectioners sugar until stiff peaks form; fold in remaining lime and orange zests.
9. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
10. Serve pie topped with whipped topping and garnish with additional lime zest and kosher salt if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 340 (Calories from Fat: 189)
Total Fat: 21g (Saturated Fat: 12g)
Total Carbohydrates: 35g (Dietary Fiber: 0g