Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Get inspired and watch us create this delicious appetizer!
November/December 2022 Dig In Recipe
Mozzarella and olives paired with crunchy vegetables helps these penguins get in the holiday spirit.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce.
3. Place olives and mozzarella balls on paper towels and let dry completely.
4. Cut large olives in half. Cut a flat bottom on mozzarella balls. Cut small triangle from each carrot slice; reserve to use for beak. Cut red bell peppers into triangles.
5. Place cream cheese in a decorating bag with a small tip or a resealable plastic bag with a corner snipped off with scissors.
6. Place a dab of cream cheese onto the top of a carrot slice and secure to bottom of a mozzarella ball.
7. Take 2 olive halves and apply cream cheese in inner portion; press onto sides of mozzarella ball.
8. Insert carrot triangle into opening of one whole jumbo olive. Apply a dab of cheese to top of mozzarella ball and press down whole olive to secure.
9. Apply cream cheese to base of red pepper triangle and affix to top of olive. Add an extra dab of cream cheese for puff on top of red pepper triangle.
10. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: If not enjoying immediately or if making ahead for a holiday party, use toothpicks to secure hat, wings and feet.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!