Maple Candied Walnuts with Cinnamon and Sea Salt
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Sweet meets savory in this easy to prepare snack. With natural flavor from maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon, the kids will love whipping up these flavored walnuts for snack time.
Recipe from California Walnuts.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread walnuts in an even layer on the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until fragrant, let cool.
3. Place maple syrup, butter and vanilla in a large deep skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, or until reduced to 2/3 cup.
4. Stir in walnuts and reduce heat to low; toss well to coat evenly with maple mixture.
5. Remove from heat and sprinkle salt mixture over walnuts; stir until evenly coated. Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool completely.
6. Store in an airtight container.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!