Maple Almond Cranberry Granola
From the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter, Issue #91 (September 17th – November 11th, 2020).
Recipe and image from Diamond of California. Visit their website for more kid-friendly, delicious almond recipes.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
3. Combine oats, almonds, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add ground nutmeg, allspice or pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
4. Add maple syrup, oil and vanilla extract and stir until ingredients are evenly combined.
5. Spread onto prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
7. Once cooked, allow granola to cool completely, then stir in dried cranberries to mixture.
8. Enjoy as is for a delicious, crunchy snack or as a tasty topping on yogurt or a smoothie bowl.
9. Store leftovers in an airtight container up to 3 weeks or in the freezer up to 3 months.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (using canola oil):
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 20 mg
Carbohydrates 21 g
Fiber 3 g
Protein 4 g