Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #76 (March 22nd to May 16th, 2018).
Recipe and image from the National Mango Board. Visit their website for more family-favorite velvety-delicious mango recipes.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Place yam slices into a large pot fitted with a steamer basket. Steam for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly butter a 13x9-inch baking dish.
5. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon. Place half the yams, mangos, brown sugar mixture and butter in the dish. Repeat layers. (Dish may be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours at this point.)
6. Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds and cook 20 minutes more.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 75 mg
Carbohydrates 42 g
Fiber 6 g
Protein 4 g