Recipe featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter (dated 1/15-3/26/14).
2013 National Mango Board
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, 1/4 cup oil, salt, crushed red pepper and garlic until combined. Stir in cilantro, then cover vinaigrette and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. In a medium saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add couscous and cook for 1 minute to lightly toast, stirring frequently.
5. Add water and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
6. Fluff couscous with a fork and let cool slightly.
7. Transfer couscous to a large serving bowl. Stir in dressing, mango, green onion, bell pepper and raisins.
8. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
9. Sprinkle salad with almonds and feta just before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 242 mg
Carbohydrates 62 g
Fiber 7 g
Protein 14 g