Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #84 (July 11th to September 18th , 2019).
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Warm oil in Dutch oven set over medium-low heat. Cook onion, carrot, celery, garlic and bay leaves covered and stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden.
4. Stir in lentils, salt and pepper. Add broth, water and tomatoes. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Add pasta and 2 tablespoons parsley. Cook, partially covered, for 6 minutes or until pasta is almost al dente. If mixture is dry, heat 1/2 cup water and add just enough to moisten sauce.
6. Let stand for 5 minutes. Discard bay leaves and sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Total Fat 32 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 500 mg
Carbohydrates 2 g
Fiber 0 g
Protein 29 g