Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #83 (May 16th to July 10th, 2019).
Recipe and image provided by Smart Chicken®. Visit their website for more tender and delicious chicken recipe inspirations.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of marinade and set aside in refrigerator.
5. Transfer chicken to the bowl, toss to coat, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 2 hours.
6. When ready to cook, preheat grill to high.
7. Place marinated chicken and lemon slices onto skewers in alternating order. Transfer to hot grill and grill for 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit (as verified with an instant-read thermometer) in the thickest portion.
8. Toward the end of grilling, baste each kabob with the reserved marinade.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 110 mg
Carbohydrates 2 g
Fiber 0 g
Protein 10 g