Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Marinate 1 hour, grill 17-24 minutes.
Big Y Dig In -The Big Y Magazine June/July 2018
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon vinegar, hot sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and black pepper; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Whisk cornstarch and water together until cornstarch dissolves; add to saucepan, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring often, for 4-6 minutes or until sauce thickens; remove from heat and let cool.
4. Place ribs in a shallow dish and pour half of the barbecue sauce over top; cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour; reserve other half of sauce. Wash hands after handling raw meat.
5. In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, radishes, red onion, sugar, salt and remaining vinegar; mix well. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle cayenne pepper over top.
6. Coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high with lid closed. Remove ribs from marinade; discard used marinade. Place ribs on grill, close lid and reduce heat to medium. Grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning ribs every 3-5 minutes so that every side gets slightly caramelized.
7. Reduce heat to medium, brush ribs with reserved sauce, cover and grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Flip ribs over, brush with more sauce and grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until desired doneness is reached. Remove from grill, cover with foil and let sit for 5 minutes before cutting up and serving on tortillas with cucumber slaw and arugula.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 646 (Calories from Fat: 225)
Total Fat: 25g (Saturated Fat: 10g)
Total Carbohydrates: 57g (Dietary Fiber: 2g