Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 19 Minutes, Chill 2 Hours
April 2023 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter and mix well. Evenly divide between 6, 4-inch round pans, pressing up sides and bottom of each pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool, but leave oven on.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk egg yolks for 2 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw eggs. Gradually add condensed milk and beat until light and fluffy, scraping down sides and bottom of bowl; beat in lime juice and zest.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk egg yolks until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
- Gradually add condensed milk and beat until light and fluffy, scraping down sides and bottom of bowl. Beat in lime juice and zest.
- Fill each tart shell about 3/4 the way full with filling and bake until filling is just set, about 14 minutes. Note: Center of filling will still look a little wet.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once completely cooled, refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
- Serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream and garnished with a lime slice, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 599, Total Fat: 27g, Saturated Fat: 15g, Cholesterol: 155mg, Sodium: 378mg, Carbohydrates: 80g, Fiber: 0g, Sugar: 64g, Protein: 10g