Prep Time: 15 Minutes
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Place kale in a large bowl. Drizzle lemon juice and 1 teaspoon oil over top and massage for 3 to 4 minutes or until kale begins to soften, set aside.
4. In a shaker jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine cider vinegar, reserved mandarin orange juice, chives, salt, pepper, and remaining oil.
5. Seal and shake to combine, refrigerate vinaigrette until ready to serve.
6. Add remaining ingredients to kale in large bowl and gently toss to combine. Serve with vinaigrette.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Calories: 217 (Calories from Fat: 126)
Total Fat: 14g (Saturated Fat: 2g)
Total Carbohydrates: 21g (Dietary Fiber: 3g