Prep Time: 15 Minutes, 75 Minutes Total
Cooking Time: 35-45 minutes
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit F.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or grease.
3. For the crust, combine flour, sugar and salt in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add butter and pulse until it is the size of small peas. With machine running add buttermilk and pulse until dough forms a ball. Do not over mix. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
4. For the filling combine Mascarpone (or cream cheese), egg yolk and sugar and mix until uniform. Roll dough 1/8-inch thick. Cut into 24 (3-inch) rounds. Place 12 rounds on prepared sheet. Top with 1 teaspoon each of jam and filling. Brush edges with egg white mixture. Cut small cross in center of remaining pastry rounds. Place on top and crimp edges with a fork. Chill 10 minutes. Brush tops with egg white mixture and sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org