- Wash hands with soap and running water.
- Prepare meatballs in oven as label directs until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified by an instant-read food thermometer. Wash hands after handling raw meat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut bread horizontally in half, but do not cut all the way through. Place, cut side up, on prepared pan.
- In a large skillet, heat sauce over medium-high heat until heated through, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs; cook until meatballs are heated through, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top bread with meatball mixture, cheese and oregano. Bake grinder until cheese melts, about 8 minutes; cut crosswise into 4 sandwiches.
- Serve grinder sprinkled with basil, if desired.
- Tip: Frozen meatballs can also be used in place of fresh meatballs.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat (g) 45.00
Saturated Fat (g) 20.00
Cholesterol (mg) 93.00
Sodium (mg) 1821.00
Carbohydrates (g) 71.00
Fiber (g) 6.00
Protein (g) 33.00