Recipe featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter (dated 11/1/13-1/15/14).
Recipe provided by Smart Chicken. Visit their website for more delicious meal ideas.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Pat chicken dry and rub entire chicken with buttery spread. Carefully loosen skin from the chicken breasts and rub spread under the skin.
4. Stuff garlic cloves in the cavity of the chicken and sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and herbs.
5. Place chicken in a roasting pan breast-side up and pour broth in pan. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
6. Roast for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and roast chicken for another 50 minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices, until skin is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast (avoiding bone) registers 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Once chicken is finished cooking, transfer to a serving platter and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before carving. Drizzle chicken with pan juices and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 14.5 g
Saturated Fat 4.5 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 113 mg
Carbohydrates 0 g
Fiber 0 g
Protein 23 g