DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Pierce meat with fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
2. Moisten surface of meat with water. Sprinkle tenderizer evenly over meat and let stand 30 minutes; pat dry if needed.
3. In a small bowl, combine pepper and sugar; rub all over roast.
4. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil. When hot, sear roast on all sides for 8 to 10 minutes or until nicely caramelized.
5. Transfer roast to a wire rack set on a rimmed baking sheet.
6. In a food processor, pulse bread into crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a medium bowl and add 2 tablespoons parsley, 2 teaspoons thyme, 1/2 cup grated cheese, garlic, shallots and 2 tablespoons oil; mix with a fork until combined; set aside.
7. In the same food processor, combine remaining parsley, thyme, grated cheese and oil; process until a smooth paste forms.
8. Place oven rack in the upper middle position and preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Coat roast with herb paste followed by bread crumb mixture and cook for 15 to 20 minutes per pound or until an instant-read thermometer reaches 130 degrees Fahrenheit for medium-rare or 135 degrees Fahrenheit for medium.
10. If topping browns before meat reaches preferred internal temperature, lightly cover with foil for balance of roasting time.
11. Remove roast from oven and let rest, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
12. Temperature should rise by another 5 degrees.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 390 (Calories from Fat: 171)
Total Fat: 19g (Saturated Fat: 5g)
Total Carbohydrates: 6g (Dietary Fiber: 1g