Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 40 Minutes
August/September 2019 Dig In Recipe
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Stir in macaroni and cook according to package directions for al dente. Drain, run under warm water and let drain again; transfer to a large bowl.
2. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add onion and sauté for 15 minutes or until caramelized; add garlic during last 3 minutes of cook time.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a large soup pot, add broth; bring to a boil. Add squash and cook for 10 minutes or until fork tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup broth; transfer to a blender. Add onions, milk, reserved broth and salt and pepper to taste; puree until creamy and smooth, may need to do in batches. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, add cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Add to cooked macaroni and stir to mix well.
5. Transfer mixture to a 9x13-inch pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Top with breadcrumbs and bake for 15 minutes or until breadcrumbs are a golden brown. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 343 (Calories from Fat: 90)
Total Fat: 10g (Saturated Fat: 5g)
Total Carbohydrates: 55g (Dietary Fiber: 7g